Thursday, March 1, 2012

Daniel Fast Day 9

I like to eat. I am not sure if its out of habit, nervous, or obsession. However, during these past few days, I wondered how this fasting thing is going. I can see God answering prayer and moving. This evening as the family was getting dinner ready and I was catching up on some work I could smell hamburgers cooking and they smelled good. Someone asked what I was going to have, and I said, a salad, and veggie burger. One of the kids cooked it for me, as I was on the computer putting in my reports from today's work. I really could have went for that beef burger, but felt I needed to say no, not at this time, and I will have one in a few weeks, a real hamburger, from Jucy's. It may be me but today as one of my son's was traveling with me, we stopped to have lunch at Wendy's, and it seems my sense of taste has become more sensitive. He had a hamburger, and I had a salad. (BTW it's hard to order a salad at Wendy's with no meat!) I don't eat only salad, but today it was just easier to have a salad. I am still looking forward to what God is about to do.

No comments: