Saturday, March 3, 2012

Daniel Fast Day 11

Half way point today. I have been learning more about relying on God, and seeing some good things happening. Looking forward to the services at the church tomorrow, even teaching the youth sunday school class. The youth in that class are high energy but they are a blessing. Not sure I could have said that 3 1/2 years ago when I started this blog, shows what I have come through, with God's help. A trend is not always a destiny. We finish up the series on the spiritual disciplines and then next week I will begin a new series on the power of Christ that takes up to Easter. Spent the day using the day as a sabbath, looked over sermon for tomorrow, and made the weekly trip to the grocery store. (i dread that more and more). This fast has made me read labels more and more, trying to be careful in the area of food additives, but also in the area of sugar. I have struggled with hypoglycemia since high school, and eating sugar and the abstaining from it, and then introducing it back can cause problems. So unless it is naturally in the food, I try not to eat it.(its the refined and corn syrup that is added to products that can knock my blood sugar levels out of kilter.) This fast has helped me to see that changes are going to be made at the end of the fast in my everyday food intake.

No comments: