Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Daniel Fast Day 15

Day 15 of the Daniel Fast. The fast has almost become a natural way of eating. I feel good, no unusual hunger, and no headaches. Hard to believe that it has been 15 days,and I have had no bread, no sugar, no artificial sweeteners, dairy, eggs,or meat. I am not vegetarian, but this fast has been an incredible way of looking at what I have been putting into my body. I have embarked on trying different ways of fixing food, and eating lots of raw vegetables and fruit. I have changed from drinking lots of tea, and frequent soda, (or pop if your in the south), to drinking 1 cup of coffee a day, fruit, vegetable juice and water with lemon slices. I have been making baked potato chips from potato's or sweet potato's for snacks. This evening one of the boys was grilling hamburgers and it did not smell good, as I was cooking my veggie burger. This evening I passed up a cake that was brought to church, it looked good, and smelled good, but resolved to stay with this fast. This evening we saw at church new faces, not very common for a mid week but they were at the activities. Our children's area is growing and we will need to do some revamping to meet the needs of these children. I am not taking any credit but through this fast I am seeing answers to prayer, seeing God move in the life of the church and recognizing I must be on my guard. I see God at work and look forward to sunday with anticipation of what is next.

No comments: