Sunday, March 11, 2012

Daniel Fast Day 19

Caught up on my blog today. I got a little behind but I don't have to be verbose to be effective. Today was interesting day as we started off by loosing an hour of sleep. Made it to church on time, and it being spring break not sure who would show up for Sunday School and Church, plus it was day light savings day. I knew the majority of my sunday school class was gone, so I knew I would have two boys, and ended up having three, (one was a new guest.) The majority of our worship team was out so we had to use come video's for worship. That went well, and no one complained, at least not about the video's. Right before worship stared we looked up and there were new people coming in the door, btw it pouring down rain, and all the sidewalks and back parking lot had water standing. I then remembered my prayer yesterday: Lord enlarge your church. It happened, and the service went well. We took someone out for lunch after the service and had a good lunch, (well it was again interesting to find something to eat without meat, and dairy mixed in.) I am amazed at how God is answering prayer. It seems that each week I am seeing things happen and the only answer is that God has heard the prayers and answered. I am compiling some lessons that I have learned that i will post to the blog on the last day of the fast. But I feel I need to share this one today, and that is the spiritual discipline of prayer and fasting,(fasting in any fashion). This should be included in a class for any one feeling a call to ministry. This discipline has really helped me this year, and it is one that will become an integral part of my life from now on.

No comments: