Sunday, March 11, 2012

Daniel Fast Day 18

Saturday, the I try to use as a sabbath was spent on the road conducting inspections. Day went well, saw some parts of north east texas, and saw some buffalo on my travels. Got to spend some time in mobile office just me and God, and I spent time praying, mainly asking God to enlarge the congregation I am privileged to pastor. I am not against marketing and outreach events but seems to me that when we trust in those things instead of God, they are not as effective. (again I am not against those things I just believe they are tools.) My prayer today was just to ask God to do something, and prayed for a specific goal for the church. On one of my stops where I was required to do an interior inspection as well as exterior I met a man who was confined to a wheel chair. He smiled as I explained the nature of the inspection. His daughter showed me the house, i quickly finished the inspection. As I was about to leave I looked down and there was this man's bible on the coffee table. I do not remember his name but his bible had Rev. embossed on the front of it. I asked him if that was him, and unable to talk to he shook his head yes. I told him I was a pastor also, and his eyes lit up and smile came to his face. I talked with the family for a few minutes, and hopefully my visit blessed them. This visit reminded me that we never know what our words or actions will do for someone. Hopefully a blessing.

No comments: