Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Daniel Fast Day 7

This is day 7 of the Daniel Fast. So far, I have not had to eat any meat, any bread, pasta, sugar,fried, processed or food that contains a bunch of food additives. I wonder how much junk I have been putting into my body. I actually feel better than I thought I would this far into the fast. My family thought I would not make it this long, but they have begun to show some interest. I discovered that a sliced potato or sweet potato, tossed with a little olive oil and Paula Dean's House seasoning make great chips after they have been baked. I substitute cinnamon on the sweet potato slices instead of the house seasoning, and it tastes great, and just 31 calories. Now compare that to the way I used to eat a sweet potato with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and topped with mini marshmallow's! It looked great, tasted great and probably contained a whole day's worth of calories. God is showing me that through this that more can be done with less. This fast has strengthened my faith in God, and reminds me that I need to trust him more. When hunger hits, I am reminded to trust God. I am trusting that God is going to do something significant in the life of the church that I am privileged to pastor. I don't know exactly what He is going to do, but I have faith that He will accomplish something great.

No comments: