Monday, February 27, 2012

Daniel Fast Day 6

Attempted to use this day as a day of rest. Spoke with a good friend who is hopefully by now out of the hospital, and had a good conversation with him today. Part of the problem with the Daniel fast is trying to find creative ways to get different tastes and eat a variety of foods. There was no Italian dressing in the house, so I made some from scratch using EVOO, garlic, lemon juice, and some Italian seasonings. It was pretty good. I am still finding unique ways to cook nutritious and tasty food. This evening I made a black bean Vegen chili. It was good especially with rice cakes and a little peanut butter, (i made the peanut butter too, so no sugar or High Fructose corn syrup as all brands have sugar added). Last year I was given a Ninja for christmas and it comes in handy to make smoothies, peanut butter, and any thing that needs blended. Finished up the book of Jeremiah this evening and it was a tough read, but as I read it I realized God was merciful and gives way more grace than anyone deserves.

3 comments:

Leslie Reese said...

Have you ever had the "meat less" Amy 's frozen dinners? The chicken tortilla casserole and black bean one is Great! The red-wrapped pinto bean nutrition is good,too!

Leslie Reese said...

Pinto bean burrito

Unknown said...

I have seen those in walmart but haven't tried them. Part of the daniel fast is a strict, and includes no wheat,no flour and no dairy. I think i will try one when this fast is over.