Friday, February 24, 2012

Daniel Fast Day #3

Last night after writing the blog and checking in on facebook, I finished planning the messages for Lent, looked over Holy Week Activities. As we did last year, we will be celebrating the Passover on Maundy Thursday,this was a great spiritual time last year, and with new faces at church we are going to do this again. This time allowed me to reflect on what Christ did on the cross, and His resurrection. Spent the day hanging with the kids, since two have graduated and are home alot now, we get to spend time together. I showed Alec how to take apart a laptop and put it back together. We had to replace a plastic housing on an Acer computer that I bought to sell, but he wants to keep it, so we will keep it for a while and then sell it and upgrade. The Daniel fast is going good. The hard thing is staying away from sweets, but I found that the desire for that is becoming less. God is showing me that in this area of obedience, there are greater things than satisfying physical desires.

No comments: