Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tis So Sweet

Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus,

I sat in a service not too long ago as this song was being sung by the congregation. It is a wonderful hymn. I just wanted to be honest with as I write this because this is a place where I express some frustrations and disappointments. As I listened to this great hymn, my mind went to thinking about trusting Jesus. I have no problem with singing Tis So Sweet.... Neither do I have problems with the theology. I do have trouble with the people who sing it! You may ask what are you saying? I am saying in the 17+ years of ministry I have seen, experienced, and been on the receiving end of some very unkind, unwarranted, and maybe unchristian treatment. Humans are basically all the same. They are fickle, self centered, and self absorbed. They will treat you fairly as long as they are being, petted, and catered to and getting what they want but when they don't get their way they turn on you like a rabid dog, even though they say they support you, what they actually mean is they support you as long as you do what they want you to do, or you have to understand that people will say they want change, as long as I realize they meant that change was not what they really wanted, they just wanted to keep or get a pastor so being agreeable to change was a good thing to say, even if they did not mean it. So what does this all mean: It means for me that even though someone tells me something I may not believe it right away, I need to see something that is told me backed up by actions. People can talk all they want, but it is the walk that aligns up with the talk that I trust. So I can trust in Jesus, because he has never told me one thing and done another, He has never given me reason to doubt Him, and never will. Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus,

No comments: