Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Review Of Between Wyomings

Between Wyomings
My God And An Ipod On The Open Road

Between Wyomings is a work by Ken Mansfield in which he chronicles his life. His attention to detail gives the reader much to think about. Ken tells his story about leaving home at the young age of 17, and then gives the reader details of his life from then until now. The book is his life’s story about years working in the recording industry. He has worked with big names in that field and has acquaintances that many could only dream about. His story is interspersed with tales of the past, the situation he found himself in as he motored down the down in a van named Moses, along with his wife. His story is one of a pilgrimage and he brings his faith journey into the work.

I found the book to be a challenging read at times. Although Ken has a great testimony of the Grace of God, but it is kind of overshadowed by the “big” names from the music industry. I found myself thinking this would be a better book had there been more time spent on how Ken experienced God. Even though it was written in some order, I found it hard to follow at times as he journeyed down a sentimental road trip. The best chapter in the book for me was the chapter Going Up, Going Down. This was the best part of the book for me.

No comments: