Friday, July 4, 2008

Why I named my blog AAAAARRRRRRGH

















If you happened to stumble upon this blog, you may be asking: "Why is this called AAAAARRRRRRGH?" Well it fits me. Those are the words that my favorite comic strip character utters when he makes an attempt at kicking the proverbial football. If you have read the comic strip you know that from time to time Lucy holds a football for Charlie Brown to kick. Just as he gets there ready to kick the ball she yanks it away. He goes flying up in the air, screaming: AAAAARRRRRRGH , and then lands on his back, dazed and his aspirations like him are flat on his back!
That is how I feel sometimes in ministry, and maybe you do too. You work on a project or a ministry initiative, possibly even with an emerging leader, and just as your getting there to see the thing launched into the air, Lucy, or someone like her, yanks it out and your left flat on your back.
However, I admire Charlie Brown. He keeps getting up, and trying it again. Time after time he attempts to kick the football and never does. I find myself disappointed at times with people, frustrated and even hurt, but if I am to be the Pastor/Leader/Coach that God has called me to be I must get up, and try again with hopes that someday I will get to kick that ball!!!!

No comments: